Direct Seeding is a fast and easy way to plant, but can be oh-so-frustrating. There is life after thinning…or tilling under yet another spotty bed of crops. The key is to find the right seeder, set it up properly, calibrate it well, and watch a beautiful bed spring forth! Grab the Primer and start learning now!
Build a seeding system that reduces frustration and increases yeilds.
1. Access the Training
Signup for the class and learn which seeder is for you.
2. Develop your System
Based on the training, you'll put together your seeding system and develop a cheatsheet for your seeder.
3. Stop Wasting Time and Expensive Seed
You'll enjoy seeding and see improved germination and yeilds.
What's In The Course?
First we give an overview of the different types of seeders out there and how the current seeders on the market compare.
Then we move you through your seeding system and building your process.
We then deepdive into 4 of the most common walking seeders out there giving tips for usage and calibration.
Finally, we wrap up with calibration math and understanding the true advantages of multi-row seeders.
About the teacher
Michael Kilpatrick is a farmer, presenter, host, inventor and online entrepreneur who lives to help entrepreneurs apply business principles and practical, proven solutions to grow their businesses and simplify their lives. He has managed large certified organic farms and businesses, consulted for industry experts, and spoken at dozens of industry conferences.
In this 8 lesson Direct Seeding Primer, we cover 5 main areas:
- An overview of the different types of seeders out there for small farmers and which one is right for your farm system, soil type, and crop mix.
- Best practices for preparing beds and then building an effective seeding process that gets you home early confident that your crops are seeded right.
- Deep dives into 4 different seeders (4 row, 6 row, Earthway and Jang) and the intricacies of using and calibrating each one. (We are working on adding both the Planet JR style and Hoss seeders as well.)
- Seed calculators to help you know exactly how to adjust your seeder to give you the crop stand you want. Just enter in the number and it will kick out what your crop stand will be!
- A walkthrough of seed math, a tutorial on if multi-row seeders are for you, and additional resources to help you succeed with direct seeding!
New Videos! All about the Planet Junior Seeder.
If you are using or interested in learning more about this seeder we've got your back! We added two videos that cover the setup, calibration, maintenance and use of this seeder on your farm!